A brass plaque reads:
To the glory of God, and in memory of W. Levi, who died September
7th 1889, aged 79. This organ and chamber are erected by his wife
and son S.J. and W.J. Levi, February 25th 1892.
A dark metal plaque, which says:
In memory of Margaret, wife of Maurice Farrell, Rector of Woughton,
and daughter of John Foster Esquire, QB, of Brickhill House, Bedford,
and the Bogue, Jamaica. Died October 8th 1881, at Woughton Rectory.
This tablet was erected by her husband, Maurice Farrell of Woughton,
and her son, Maurice Foster Farrell; Barrister at Law, in the Middle
Temple. A record of their fond affection, and grateful sense of
the rare qualities of her mind and character. “Her ways were
ways of pleasantness, and all her paths were peace”.
marble plaque; which reads:
In memory of George Herbert Whitaker, sometime Canon of Truro and
Hereford. Rector of this parish 1917 – 1920. A distinguished
scholar, a holy and humble servant of God. Loving and generous to
church and people. He died 23rd May 1930, aged 84 years and is buried
at Brasted, in Kent.
The recumbent effigy: believed to be of a priest. No details
A marble memorial, above the vestry door which reads:
Here lieth the body of Catherine, wife of David James Esq, who died
December 13th 1780, aged 50.
Also, here lieth the body of David James Esquire, who died June
26th 1789, aged 76. Also, here lieth ye body of Ann, widow of David
James Esquire, who died the 31st October 1791, aged 45 years.
fact, the bodies are interred under the floor of the Tower, where
there is a memorial stone set in the floor.
A tribute to a one-time rector, behind glass, in a wooden frame
that is not wall mounted and, therefore, may be moved elsewhere
within the church.
In grateful remembrance of the Reverend Frederick Francis Field,
Rector 1884 – 1913, and Henrietta Frances his wife, benefactors
of this church and parish. This statue and altar, were erected by
past and present parishioners of Woughton-on-the-Green, August 15th,
Rest eternal grant to them, O Lord. Let light perpetual shine upon
south wall, large marble memorial, which reads:
To the memory of Martha James, sole surviving child of Anthony Keck
of London, Gent and Mary his wife, who departed this life May 7th
1735, aged 47. This monument was erected by her sorrowfull husband
the Rev’d David James, Rector of this parish, near whom lyeth
the aforesaid Rev’d Mr David James, who departed this life
January the 8th 1746, aged 65.
there are several gravestones set into the floor of the old organ
loft, in the south-east corner of the building and in the floor
of the tower, but none of them are legible.
OUTSIDE THE CHURCH
A memorial bench
standing at the foot of the west-facing wall of the tower, the plaque
on which reads:
In memory of Wally Brown. February 1980
The 1914 – 1918 War Memorial
grey granite Cross, with the names at the foot of it:
Right and Liberty
William Charles Mansfield
The Lych Gate
panel at the foot of the gate, to the left upon entry from the road,
in the Great War 1914-1918
Robert Baden Bates
Lawrence David Garratt
Frederick George Mansfield
John Davies Rose
George Noel Sabey
Charles Noel Sabey
William Charles Vigus
Albert John Warr
the foot of the frame around the names is carved:
Anima Mea Domino Qui Redimit De Interitu Vitam Tuam