dates back to 1212; the font pre-dates the Church, at over 1000
years old. There has been considerable restoration of the church
roof and parts of the walls, though original features can still
be seen. A wall carving of the visit of the three magi, some original
beams and the staircase are in situ, though a modern ladder complies
with health and safety regulations when needed. The ancient Churchyard
is closed, so is no longer available for burials.
morning 10.30am, followed by tea or coffee and maybe home-made cake.
All are welcome, even if you turn up in the middle of the service,
just open the chancel door and come in. We are a small congregation,
but make up for it with a good will, friendship and sincere love
The Rev James Whysall is our retired,
volunteer Minister, ably assisted by other ministers in the area
and supported by two Churchwardens, Ken Macleod and Judy Rapp.
are held in the Chancel; the Nave, which is part of the Community
Centre, can be used when we have a large congregation. There is
disabled access round the back of the church parking area, with
two designated parking places for blue badge holders leading to
a short ramp up to the Church.
Recent events included
a children's concert in November, which showed that our local children
are incredibly talented and a carol concert in December, which raised
enough money that we were able to send Willen Hospice the sum of
£100. We occasionally have fish and chip suppers organised
around a quiz and sometimes hold 'bring and share' friendship lunches
after a service, but attendance at church is not obligatory before
joining us for a meal.
Our most notable event this year
was at our Remembrance Sunday when Des Griffiths officially
received the Legion d'Honneur medal for his services on the seas
off the Normandy Beaches in a minesweeper.